FEED-FORWARD CONTROL DESIGN FOR ROLL/YAW ATTITUDE FLEXIBLE SPACECRAFT BASED ON THE DISTURBANCE OBSERVER
Keywords:Flexible spacecraft, Attitude stabilisation, Composite control, Linear matrix inequalities
This paper addresses the attitude control problem for the coupled roll/yaw dynamics of a flexible satellite in the presence of disturbances from flexible vibrations, unknown dynamics, and external environmental disturbances. To estimate the influence of the vibration torque generated by the flexible appendage, a disturbance observer is introduced to improve the attitude control performance and ensure the robustness as well as the stability of the proposed control. Then, the attitude controller is designed to stabilize and attenuate the estimation error of disturbances. To guarantee the stability of the closed-loop system, a stability analysis of the coupled roll/yaw dynamics of a flexible satellite in the closed-loop system is provided using the Lyapunov method, whereas the gains of the composite controller are designed based on the linear matrix inequality (LMI) approach. Finally, the simulation results of the geostationary-earth-orbit flexible satellite are presented to validate the attitude stabilization performance of the proposed approach.
(1) K. Tsuchiya, Dynamics of a Spacecraft during extension of flexible appendages, Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics, 6, 2, pp. 100-103 (2015).
(2) Y. Zeng, A.D. Araujo, S.N. Singh, Output feedback variable structure adaptive control of a flexible spacecraft, Acta Astronautics, 44, pp. 11-22, (1999).
(3) Q. Hu, G. Ma, Variable structure control and active vibration suppression of flexible spacecraft during attitude maneuver, J. of Aeronautics. Sci. Technol, 9, pp 307-317 (2005).
(4) Q.-l. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, Sliding mode and shaped input vibration control of flexible systems, IEEE Trans. Aero. Electron. Syst., 44 (2008).
(5) B. Cong, X. Liu, Z. Chen. Backstepping based adaptive sliding mode control for spacecraft attitude maneuvers// Proceedings of 2012 UKACC International Conference on Control. Cardiff, UK: IEEE, pp. 1046-1051 (2012).
(6) D. Ye, Z. Sun. Variable structure tracking control for flexible spacecraft, J. Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 88, 4, pp.508-514 (2016).
(7) C. Charbonnel, H∞ and LMI attitude control design: towards performances and robustness enhancement, Acta Astronaut, 54, pp. 307–314 (2004).
(8) S.L. Ballois, G. Duc, H∞ control of an earth observation satellite, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 19, 3, pp. 628–635 (1996).
(9) H.J Anton, adaptive spacecraft attitude tracking control with actuator saturation, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 33, 5, pp. 1692–1695 (2010).
(10) B Abdellatif et al., Fuzzy thruster wheel momentum damping applied under actuated low earth orbit microsatellite, Rev. Roum. des Scie. Techn.—Série Électrotechnique et Énergétique, 62, 3, pp. 311-317 (2017).
(11) D. Bustan, S.H. Sani, N Pariz, Adaptive fault-tolerant spacecraft attitude control design with transient response control, IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, 19, 4, pp. 1404–1411 (2014).
(12) I. Ali, G. Radice, J. Kim, Backstepping control design with actuator torque bound for spacecraft attitude maneuver, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 33, 1, pp. 254–259 (2010).
(13) H. Liu, L. Guo, Y. Zhang, An anti-disturbance PD control scheme for attitude control and stabilization of flexible spacecrafts. Nonlinear Dynamics, 67, 3, pp 2081-2088 (2012).
(14) J.E. Benmansour, Y Du, Z. Wu, Anti-disturbance PD controller design for flexible spacecraft attitude stabilization, 34th Chinese Control Conference (CCC), pp. 5687-5690, IEEE (2015).
(15) J.E. Benmansour, Z. Wu, B. Khouane, Disturbance observer based on controller for roll/yaw attitude stabilization of flexible spacecraft, Electrotehnica, Electronica, Automatica, 64, 2, (2016).
(16) J.E. Benmansour, B. Khouane, R. Roubache, Vibration suppression for flexible satellite during attitude stabilization, International Conference on Electrical Sciences and Technologies in Maghreb (CISTEM), IEEE, pp. 1-4 (2018).
(17) J.E. Benmansour, A.M. Si Mohammed, A. Bellar, Extended state observer-based control of attitude stabilization for flexible spacecraft with solar pressure and slosh disturbances, 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering-Boumerdes (ICEE-B), IEEE, pp. 1-6 (2017).
(18) J. Wang, L. Dongxu, Experiments study on attitude coupling control method for flexible spacecraft, Acta Astronautica, 147, pp. 393-402 (2018).
(19) M.J. Sidi, Spacecraft dynamics and control, A practical engineering approach, Cambridge University, Press (1997).
(20) B. Wie, Space vehicle dynamics and control, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2008.
v21) B.J. Eddine, Kh. Boulanouar, Active control design approach for roll/yaw attitude satellite stabilization with flexible vibration, Automatic Control, and Computer Sciences, 54, 1, pp 70-79 (2020).
(22) L Guo, C. Songyin, Anti-disturbance control for systems with multiple disturbances, CRC Press 2013.
(23) D. Krokavec, A. Filasova. “Discrete-Time Systems, Elfa, Košice”, Search in (2008).