IMPLEMENTATION FOR SEVENTH-ORDER LOW-PASS CAUER FILTER EMPLOYING SECOND-GENERATION CURRENT-CONTROLLED CONVEYOR
Keywords:Seventh-order low-pass filter, Cauer filter, Current-mode circuits, Second-generation current-controlled conveyors
After utilizing adjoint network theory, Bruton transform, frequency-dependent negative resistance (FDNR), component replacement method, and frequency and impedance scaling, a seventh-order low-pass Cauer filter from the normalized RLC prototype circuit is converted to the current-mode filter with fc = 15 kHz, fs = 18.78 kHz, Amax = 0.28 dB, and Amin = 60 dB, which includes only six second-generation current-controlled conveyors (CCCⅡs) and grounded capacitors, does not need any matched conditions, and adjusting bias currents of the CCCⅡs can control performances of the filter, The computer simulation has verified the correctness of this design.
(1) C. Chang, M.N. Swamy, Analytical synthesis of odd/even nth-order elliptic Cauer filter structures using OTRAs, Int. J. Circuit Theory Appl., 41, 12, 1248–1271 (2013).
(2) Z. Hou, S. Shen, Y. Ye et al, Research on the linear acceleration sensor signal acquisition technology based on the high-order anti-aliasing Cauer filter. J. Circuits, Syst. Comput., 2020, 29, 1, 2050008 (2020).
(3) J.A.G. Malherbe, Wideband bandpass filter with extremely wide upper stopband, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, 66, 6, 2822–2827 (2018).
(4) M. Hayati, F. Shama, A compact lowpass filter with ultra-wide stopband using stepped impedance resonator, Radioengineering, 26, 1, 269–274 (2017).
(5) S. Woo, J.K. Cho, A switched-capacitor filter with reduced sensitivity to reference noise for audio-band sigma-delta D/A converters, IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. II: Express Briefs, 63, 4, 361–365 (2016).
(6) Y. Xu, P.R. Kinget. A switched-capacitor RF front end with embedded programmable high-order filtering, IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, 51, 5, 1154–1167 (2016).
(7) C.M. Chang, S.H. Tu, M.N.S. Swamy, et al, Design of odd nth-order elliptic high-pass filters employing OTRAs, IET Circuits Dev. Syst. 13, 2, 174–184 (2018)
(8) A.B. Bogatyrev, S.A. Goreinov, S.Y. Lyamaev, Analytical approach to multiband filter synthesis and comparison to other approaches, Problems of Information Transmission, 53, 3, 260–273 (2017).
(9) S. Jha, Voice signal separation from train noise corrupted signal using notch and elliptic filter, Int. J. Electr. Eng. Tech., 11, 3, 218–230 (2020).
(10) S. Franco, Design with operational amplifiers and analog integrated circuits (fourth edition), Mc. Graw-Hill Science Engineering, 2014.
(11) S.S. Borah, M. Ghosh, A. Ranjan, Higher order multifunction filter using current differencing buffered amplifier (CDBA), Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Électrotechn. et Énerg., 67, 1, 59–64 (2022).
(12) Y.A. Li, A modified CDTA (MCDTA) and its applications: designing current-mode sixth-order elliptic band-pass filter, Circuits Syst. Signal Process., 39, 5, 670–672 (2009).
(13) Y.A. Li, Current-mode sixth-order elliptic band-pass filter using MCDTAs, Radioengineering, 20, 3, 645–649 (2011).
(14) M.S. Diab, A.M. Soliman, Balanced ota-c elliptic Cauer filters for biomedical applications, 2018 41st International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), IEEE, 2018.
(15) M.S, Diab, S. Mahmoud, (2018, November). Elliptic OTA-C Low-pass filters for analog front-end of biosignal detection system, In 2018 International SoC Design Conference (ISOCC) (pp. 103-104), IEEE.
(16) A. Fabre, O. Saaid, F. Wiest et al, High frequency applications based on a new current controlled conveyor, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Fund. Theor. Appl., 43, 2, 82–91 (1996).
(17) Y.A. Li, Y.H. Xi, Z.T. Fan et al, “Systematic synthesis of second generation current-controlled conveyor-based Tow-Thomas filters with orthogonal tune of pole frequency and quality factor”, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Électrotechn. et Énerg., 62, 1, 76–81 (2017).
(18) D. Agrawal, S. Maheshwari, High-performance electronically tunable analog filter using a single EX-CCCII, Circuits Syst. Signal Process., 40, 9, 1127–1151 (2021).
(19) A. Yesil, Y. Babacan, Design of memristor with hard-switching behavior employing only one CCCII and one capacitor, J. Circuits, Syst. Comput. (2021).
(20) D. Agrawal, S. Maheshwari, Electronically tunable grounded immittance simulators using an EX-CCCII, Int. J. Electron. 107, 10, 1625–1648 (2020).
(21) Y.A. Li, B. Chen, Systematic synthesis for second generation current control conveyor-based admittance converters, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Électrotechn. et Énerg., 64, 4, 377–382 (2019).
(22) D. Agrawal, S. Maheshwari, Current mode filters with reduced complexity using a single EX-CCCII, AEÜ-Int. J. Electron. Commun., 80, 10, 86–93 (2017).
(23) F. Sen, A. Kircay, MO-CCCII based current-mode fractional-order universal filter, J. Circuits, Syst. Comput.
(24) D. Agrawal, S. Maheshwari, Cascadable current mode instrumentation amplifier, AEÜ-Int. J. Electron. Commun., 94, 9, 91–101 (2018).
(25) S. Maheshwari, Voltage-mode full-wave precision rectifier and an extended application as ASK/BPSK circuit using a single EXCCII, AEÜ-Int. J. Electron. Commun., 84, 2, 234–241 (2018).
(26) T. Kunto, P. Prommee, Realization of tunable elliptic low-pass filter based on CCCIIs, 2015 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), 2015, pp. 331-336.
(27) J. Koton, J. Jerabek, N. Herencsar et al, Current conveyors in current-mode circuits approximating fractional-order low-pass filter, 2017 European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD), 2017, pp. 1-4.
(28) N. Chomnak, S. Srisamranrungrueang, N. Wongprommoon, Simulating Elliptic Low-pass Filter based on MOCCCII, IOP Conference Series Materials Science and Engineering, 2020, pp. 012037.
(29) Y.A. Li, Realization of seventh-order Chebyshev active low-pass filter, Recent Advances in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, 15, 1, 67–74 (2022).
(30) Y.A. Li, Systematic Synthesis for electronic-control LC oscillators using CCCIIs, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Électrotechn. et Énerg., 63, 1, 71–76 (2018).
(31) M.T. Abuelma'Atti, N.A. Tasadduq, Electronically tunable capacitance multiplier and frequency-dependent negative-resistance simulator using the current-controlled current conveyor, Microelectron. J., 30, 9, 869–873 (1999).
(32) M.T. Abuelma'Atti, M.A. Al-Qahtani, A new current-controlled multiphase sinusoidal oscillator using translinear current conveyors, IEEE Trans. CAS-II, 45, 7, 881–885 (1998).