ANALYSIS 4E (ENERGY - EXERGETIC - ECONOMIC - ENVIRONMENTAL) OF A STEAM HEATING POWER PLANT
Keywords:Steam plant, Configuration, 4E study, Modelization, Performance
The energy, exergy, economic and environmental analysis of steam power plants is necessary to identify the most efficient and viable configuration. In this regard, we have developed a model to simulate the performance of a steam power plant (with a capacity of 210 MW) intended for the production of electrical energy. In this respect, a 4E study (energy – exergy – economic – environmental) was carried out. According to the results obtained, the configuration studied presents energy and exergy performances of 41.9% and 39.5% respectively. In addition, reducing the steam pressure at the condenser plays a major role in improving plant performance. On the other hand, increasing the pressure and temperature of the steam at the inlet of the turbine increases the thermodynamic and environmental performance of the installation.
(1) Ministère de l’Énergie, https://www.energy.gov.dz/
(2) G. Bendea, C. Secui, C. Hora, Codruta Bendea, Redundancy optimal allocation for series-parallel systems applied to thermal power plants, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 55, 2, pp. 201–210 (2010).
(3) I. Opriș, V.E. Cenușă, F.N. Alexe, M. Norişor, Simultaneous optimization of the reheat pressure and preheating line for medium-scale steam power plants, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 64, 3, pp. 287–292 (2019).
(4) R. Kumar, A critical review on energy, exergy, exergo-economic and economic (4-E) analysis of thermal power plants, Engineering Science and Technology an International., 20, 1, pp. 283–292 (2017).
(5) A. Dobrovicescu, D. Stanciu, T. Prisecaru, M. Prisecaru, C. Petre, G. Tîrcă-Dragomirescu, Thermoeconomic optimization of energetic systems based on the marginal cost concept, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 56, 3, pp. 336–345 (2011).
(6) Q. Zhang, H. Yi, Z. Yu, J. Gao, X. Wang, H. Lin, B. Shen, Energy-exergy analysis and energy efficiency improvement of coal-fired industrial boilers based on thermal test data, Appl, Therm. Eng., 144, pp. 614–627 (2018).
(7) S.N. Naserabad, A. Mehrpanahi, G. Ahmadi, Multi-objective optimization of feed-water heater arrangement options in a steam power plant repowering, Journal of cleaner production., 220, pp. 253–270 (2019).
(8) A. Mehrpanahi, S.N. Naserabad, G. Ahmadi, Multi-objective linear regression-based optimization of full repowering a single pressure steam power plant, Energy., 179, pp. 1017–1035 (2019).
(9) S.S. Chauhan, S. Khanam, Enhancement of efficiency for steam cycle of thermal power plants using process integration, Energy., 173, pp. 364–373 (2019).
(10) S. Guo, P. Liu, Z. Li, Data reconciliation for the overall thermal system of a steam turbine power plant, Appl. Energy., 165, pp. 1037–1051 (2016).
(11) S.O. Oyedepo, A. Fakeye, B. Mabinuori, P.O. Babalola, O. Leramo, O Kilanko, J. Dirisu, M. Udo, K. Efemwenkiekie, J.A. Oyebanji, Thermodynamics analysis and performance optimization of a reheat –Regenerative steam turbine power plant with feed water heater, Fuel., 280 (2020).
(12) K.C. Nikam, R. Kumar, R. Jilte, Exergy and exergo-environmental analysis of a 660 MW supercritical coal-fired power plant, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., (2020).
(13) K.C. Nikam, R. Kumar, R. Jilte, Economic and exergo-economic investigation of 660 MW coal-fired power plant, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., (2020).
(14) A. Loew, P. Jaramillo, H. Zhai, R. Ali, B. Nijssen, Y. Cheng, K. Klima, Fossil fuel-fired power plant operations under a changing climate, Climatic change., 163, pp. 619–632 (2020).
(15) V. Kumar, B. Pandya, V. Matawala, Thermodynamic studies and parametric effects on exergetic performance of a steam power plant, International Journal of Ambient Energy., 40, 1, pp. 1–45 (2017).
(16) M.H. Ahmadi, A. Puia, M. Sadeghzadeh, F. Pourfayaz, M. Ghazvini, T. Ming, J.P. Meyer, M. Sharifpur, Thermodynamic and economic analysis of performance evaluation of all the thermal power plants: A review, Energy Sci Eng., 7, pp. 30–65 (2019).
(17) A. Bolatturk, A. Coskun, C. Geredelioglu, Thermodynamic and exergo-economic analysis of Cayırhan thermal power plant, Energy Conversion and Management., 101, pp. 371–378 (2015).
(18) M. Ameri, H. Mokhtari, M. Bahrami, Energy, Exergy, Exergoeconomic and Environmental (4E) Optimization of a Large Steam Power Plant: A Case Study, Iran. J. Sci. Technol. Trans. Mech. Eng., 40, pp. 11–20 (2016).
(19) J. Adeli, M. Niknejadi, D. Toghraie, Full repowering of an existing fossil fuel steam power plant in terms of energy, exergy, and environment for efficiency improvement and sustainable development, Environ Dev Sustain., 22, pp. 5965–5999 (2020).
(20) R.A. Kheneslu, A. Jahangiri, M. Ameri, Interaction effects of natural draft dry cooling tower (NDDCT) performance and 4E (energy, exergy, economic and environmental) analysis of steam power plant under different climatic conditions, Sustainable energy technologies and assessments., 37 (2020).
(21) Asymptote, Software CYCL TEMPO, http://www.asimptote.nl/
(22) MathWorks, MATLAB, https://www.mathworks.com/
(23. V. Chauhan, P.A. Kishan, S. Gedupudi, Thermodynamic analysis of a combined cycle for cold storage and power generation using geothermal heat source, Therm. Sci. Eng. Prog., 11, pp. 19–27 (2019).
(24) A.B. AlQudaihi, S.M. Said, M.A. Habib, Energy, exergy and parametric analysis of a combined cycle power plant, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress (2019).
(25) A.C. Caputo, M. Palumbo, P.M. Pelagagge, F. Scacchia, Economics of biomass energy utilization in combustion and gasification plants: Effect of logic variables, Biomass, and bio-energy, 28, pp. 35–51 (2005).
(26) Global Petrol Prices, https://fr.globalpetrolprices.com/
(27) A.K. Sharma, P.C. Tewari, Performance evaluation and economic analysis of a steam thermal power plant, South African Journal of Industrial Engineering., 20, pp. 133–146 (2009).