PROPORTIONAL INTEGRAL QUASI RESONANT CONTROLLER FOR ZERO-SEQUENCE CIRCULATING CURRENT AND RIPPLES SUPPRESSION IN PARALLEL THREE-PHASE PWM RECTIFIERS
Keywords:Parallel three-phase pulse with modulation rectifiers, Zero-sequence circulating current, Harmonics, Proportional integral quasi resonant controller
Parallel three-phase pulse with modulation (PWM) rectifiers with common sc and ac buses are widely used in power systems due to their many advantages such as flexibility, sinusoidal grid currents, lower switching frequency, and good reliability. However, this topology suffers from zero-sequence circulating current (ZSCC) generated by numerous reasons including filters inductors unbalanced, unequal dead time, and losses of synchronism between the control of each rectifier, which will distort the ac-side currents and increase power losses. This paper proposes both an adjusted space vector pulse width modulated (ASVPWM) method and proportional integral quasi resonant controller (PIQRC) method not only to force the ZSCC to be zero but also to reduce its ripples, which results in low frequency harmonic components in the ac side currents. This twofold objective can be achieved by adjusting the zero-vector duty ratios of ASVPWM to suppress the ZSCC and by using PIQRC to mitigate its predominant harmonics. Finally, the superiority and efficiency of the proposed control method in terms of ZSCC suppression and current ripple reduction are verified through comparative analysis with the conventional ZSCC-PI controller.
(1) J.G. Carrasco, C. . Silva, R. Peña, R. Cárdenas, Control of a four-leg converter for the operation of a DFIG feeding stand-alone unbalanced loads, IEEE Tran. on Ind. Electr, 62, 7, pp. 4630-4640 (2014).
(2) M. R. Miveh, M. F. Rahmat, A. A. Ghadimi, M. W. Mustafa, Control techniques for three-phase four-leg voltage source inverters in autonomous microgrids: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 54, pp. 1592-1610 (2016).
(3) R. Mandrioli, A. Viatkin, M. Hammami, M. Ricco, G. Grandi, A comprehensive ac current ripple analysis and performance enhancement via discontinuous PWM in three-phase four-leg grid-connected inverters, Energies, 13, 17, pp. 4352 (2020).
(4) A. Chebabhi, M.K. Fellah, M.F. Benkhoris, A. Kessal, Artificial neural network based synchronous reference frame theory in the dq0 axes for reference harmonic currents generation of a four leg shunt active power filter, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 61, 4, pp. 408–4013 (2016).
(5) J. C. Olives-Camps, J. M. Mauricio, M. Barragán-Villarejo, F. J. Matas-Díaz, Voltage control of four-leg VSC for power system applications with nonlinear and unbalanced loads, IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion., 35, 2, pp. 640-650 (2019).
(6) A. Djerioui, A. Houari, A. Saim, M. Aït-Ahmed, S. Pierfederici, M. F. Benkhoris, M. Ghanes, Flatness-based grey wolf control for load voltage unbalance mitigation in three-phase four-leg voltage source inverters, IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., 56, 2, pp. 1869-1881 (2019).
(7) Y., Song, F. Blaabjerg, Analysis of middle frequency resonance in DFIG system considering phase-locked loop, IEEE Trans. on Power Electr., 33, 1, pp. 343-356 (2017).
(8) Z. Ali, N. Christofides, E. Kyriakides, Y. Yang, F. Blaabjerg, Three-phase phase-locked loop synchronization algorithms for grid-connected renewable energy systems: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 90, pp. 434-452 (2018).
(9) R. Bimarta, K. H. Kim, A robust frequency-adaptive current control of a grid-connected inverter based on LMI-LQR under polytopic uncertainties, IEEE Power Energy Society Section, 8, pp. 28756-28773 (2020).
(10) X. Zheng, L. Xiao, Z. Wang, Y. Lei, C. Wang, Control strategy without phase-locked loop based on coordinate transformation for three-phase ac/dc converter. IET Power Electronics, 8, 9, pp. 1701-1709 (2015).
(11) Y. Gui, X. Wang, F. Blaabjerg, Vector current control derived from direct power control for grid-connected inverters, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 34, 9, pp. 9224-9235 (2018).
(12) P. Cheng, C. Wu, F. Ning, J. He, Voltage modulated DPC strategy of DFIG using extended power theory under unbalanced grid voltage conditions, Energies, 13, 22, pp. 6077 (2020).
(13) M. Alqatamin, J. Latham, Z. T. Smith, B. M. Grainger, M. L. McIntyre, Current control of a three-phase, grid-connected inverter in the presence of unknown grid parameters without a phase-locked loop, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 9, 3, pp. 3127-3136 (2020).
(14) K. R. Shanmuga vadivu, R. Ramaprabha, Improved steady state and large signal transient response of three level ac-dc converter using
hysteresis modulation based SMC under DCM, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 66, 2, pp. 85–90 (2021).
(15) A. K. Pati, N. C. Sahoo, Adaptive super-twisting sliding mode control for a three-phase single-stage grid-connected differential boost inverter based photovoltaic system, ISA transactions, 69, pp. 296-306 (2017).
(16) S. Biricik, H. Komurcugil, H. Ahmed, E. Babaei, Super twisting sliding-mode control of DVR with frequency-adaptive brockett oscillator. IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electr., 68,11, 10730-10739 (2020).
(17) B. Kelkoul, A. Boumediene, Stability analysis and study between classical sliding mode control (SMC) and super twisting algorithm (STA) for doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) under wind turbine, Energy, 214, pp. 118871 (2021).
(18) S. Ozdemir, N. Altin, I. Sefa, Z. Zhang, H. Komurcugil, Super twisting sliding mode control of three-phase grid-tied neutral point clamped inverters. ISA transactions, in press (2021).
(19) A. Chebabhi, M.K. Fellah, M.F. Benkhoris, 3D space vector modulation control of four-leg shunt active power filter using pq0 theory, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 60, 2, pp. 371–376 (2015).