TRANSIENT ANALYSIS OF A MICROSTRIP DIFFERENTIAL PAIR FOR HIGH-SPEED PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS
Keywords:Transient analysis, Microstrip, Differential pair, High-speed printed circuit boards
This paper analyzes the behavior of a microstrip differential pair manufactured on Rogers 4003 C substrate for high-speed printed circuit boards. The electromagnetic parameters of the structure are computed using the full-wave electromagnetic method; then the primary parameters are extracted and a circuit is built-in PSpice to analyze the transient regime. The influence of the propagation delay and the asymmetry of the input signals are simulated by choosing specific parameters of the input pulses.
(1) E. Bogatin, Signal and Power Integrity- Simplified, Prentice-Hall (2018).
(2) M. Koledintseva, T. Vincent and S. Radu, Full-wave simulation of an imbalanced differential microstrip line with conductor surface roughness, IEEE Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility and Signal Integrity, pp. 34-39 (2015).
(3) C.R. Paul, Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2nd edition, John (2006).
(4) F.G. Canavero, C.R. Paul, Bandwidth of Digital Waveforms (2010).
(5) MicroSimPSpice A/D&Basics+-Circuit Analysis Software, User’s Guide, MicroSim Corporation, USA.
(6) B. Sindhura, S. Ashwin, G. Rajkumar, V. Elamaran, M. Sankar, Useful Tips and Tricks on Digital Data Processing with Discrete Fourier Transform, Second International Conference on Computing Methodologies and Communication (ICCMC) (2018).
(7) Ansoft HFSS User’s Guide. High-frequency structure simulator. Pittsburgh: Ansoft (2014).
(8) A.A. al-Behadili, T. Petrescu, I.A. Mocanu, Method of extracting the equivalent circuit of complementary split-ring resonator loaded transmission line relying on negative permittivity characteristic, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.– électrotechn. et énerg. 65, 1-2, pp. 81–85, Bucharest (2020).
(9) F. Constantinescu, A.G. Gheorghe, M. Niţescu, The energy balance error for circuit transient analysis, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. et Énerg., 55, 3, p. 243–250, Bucharest (2010).
(10) J. Kim, J. Hwang, E. Song and S. Kim, Analysis of radio frequency interference due to high-speed digital signals, IEEE Electrical Design of Advanced Packaging and Systems Symposium (EDAPS), pp. 1-3 (2017).