INDOOR 3D SCANNING AND NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR AN AUTOMATED GUIDED VEHICLE
Keywords:3D scanning, Automated guided vehicle, Light detection and ranging (LiDAR), Indoor mapping
The paper presents the development of a 3D laser scanning system that can produce an indoor navigation map for an automated guided vehicle. The system uses only a 1D Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) as a measuring device and two stepper motors for positioning. Several tests are performed to determine the best trade-off between the time needed for the scan and the required resolution to produce an indoor navigation map, and the relationship between these variables is presented.
(1) Y. Song, L.T. Hsu, Tightly coupled integrated navigation system via factor graph for UAV indoor localization, Aerosp. Sci. Technol., 108 (2021).
(2) M. Edl, M. Mizerák, J. Trojan, 3D laser scanners: history and applications, Acta Simulatio. 4, 4, pp. 1–5 (2018).
(3) T. Ran, L. Yuan, J. B. Zhang, Scene perception based visual navigation of mobile robot in indoor environment, ISA Trans., xxxx (2020).
(4) X. Yang, R. Wang, H. Wang, Y. Yang, A novel method for measuring pose of hydraulic supports relative to inspection robot using LiDAR, Meas. J. Int. Meas. Confed., 154 (2020).
(5) J. Li, X. Zhang, J. Li, Y. Liu, J. Wang, Building and optimization of 3D semantic map based on Lidar and camera fusion, Neurocomputing, 409, pp. 394–407 (2020).
(6) D. Rato, V. Santos, LIDAR based detection of road boundaries using the density of accumulated point clouds and their gradients, Rob. Auton. Syst., 138 (2021).
(7) M. Petrov, A. Talapov, T. Robertson, A. Lebedev, A. Zhilyaev, L. Polonskiy, Optical 3D digitizers: bringing life to the virtual world, IEEE Comput. Graph. Appl., 18, 3, pp. 28–37 (1998).
(8) F.B.P. Malavazi, R. Guyonneau, J.B. Fasquel, S. Lagrange, F. Mercier, LiDAR-only based navigation algorithm for an autonomous agricultural robot, Comput. Electron. Agric., 154, February, pp. 71–79 (2018).
(9) A. Schaefer, D. Büscher, J. Vertens, L. Luft, W. Burgard, Long-term vehicle localization in urban environments based on pole landmarks extracted from 3-D lidar scans, Rob. Auton. Syst., 136, (2021).
(10) E. Aldao, H. González-Jorge, J.A. Pérez, Metrological comparison of LiDAR and photogrammetric systems for deformation monitoring of aerospace parts, Measurement, (2021).
(11) A. Yilmaz, H. Temeltas, Self-adaptive Monte Carlo method for indoor localization of smart AGVs using LIDAR data, Rob. Auton. Syst., 122 (2019).
(12) P. Oğuz-Ekim, TDOA based localization and its application to the initialization of LiDAR based autonomous robots, Rob. Auton. Syst., 131 (2020).
(13) T. Dehelean, C. Nafornita, A. Isar, Enhanced metric for multiple extended object tracker, Rev. Roum. des Sci. Tech. Electrotech. Energ., 65, 3–4, pp. 235–243 (2020).
(14) R.H.E. Amar, L. Benchikh, H. Dermeche, O. Bachir, Z. Ahmed-Foitih, Efficient trajectory reconstruction for robot programming by demonstration, Rev. Roum. des Sci. Tech. Electrotech. Energ., 65, 1–2, pp. 117–121 (2020).
(15) R. Athavale, D.H. Ram, B.B. Nair, Low cost solution for 3D mapping of environment using 1D LIDAR for autonomous navigation. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 561, 1, pp. 1-7 (2019).