INPUT-OUTPUT LINEARIZATION CONTROL BASED ON THE SLIDING MODE OF THE SQUIRREL CAGE MOTOR
Keywords:Squirrel cage motor, Sliding mode, Input-input linearization, Performance, Robustness
Speed squirrel cage motor control is an area of research that has been in evidence for some time. In this paper, a nonlinear controller is presented for the squirrel cage motor drives, based on a combination between input-output feedback linearization control (IOLC) technique and sliding mode control (SMC) to create a new control which is sliding input-output linearization (SIOLC) control of squirrel cage motors, where the sliding mode control is used for controlling the speed of squirrel cage motor and the input-output linearization control applied for two input witch are flux and current. To test the robustness and performance of sliding input-output linearization control (SIOLC) we created a variety of internal and external parameters of the motor. The simulation results are done using Matlab/Simulink, which shows the robustness of the sliding input-output linearization control of squirrel cage motor responses.
(1) A. Dendouga, Feedback linearization associated to a sliding mode controller for an operating with unity power factor of induction motor fed by matrix converter, SN Applied Sciences. 2, 5, pp. 1–7 (2020).
(2) Y. Fetene, D. Shibeshi, Fractional order sliding mode speed control of feedback linearized induction motor, Power Electronics and Drives. 5, 41, pp. 109–122 (2020).
(3) S. Zaidi, F. Naceri, R. Abdessemed, Input-output linearization of in induction motor using MRAS Observer, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 68, 2, pp.49–56 (2014).
(4) D. Zaghib, A. Allag, M. Allag, B. Hamidani, Input output linearization control based on a newly extended MVT observer design: an induction machine, J. of Electrical Engineering. 20, 5, pp. 1–7 (2020).
(5) O. Oukaci, R. Toufouti, D. Dib, L. Atarsia, Comparison performance between sliding mode control and nonlinear control application to induction motor, Electrical Engineering. 99, 1, pp. 33–45 (2016).
(6) A. Accetta, M. Cirrincione, F. D’ippolito, M. Pucci, A. Sferlazza, Input-output feedback linearization control of linear induction motor taking into consideration its dynamic end-effects and iron losses, Conference IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE’2020), Detroit, MI, USA (Oct. 11-15, 2020).
(7) A. Alonge, M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci, A. Sferlazza, Input–output feedback linearization control with online MRAS-based inductor resistance estimation of linear induction motors including the dynamic end effects, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 52, 1, pp 254–266 (2015).
(8) F. Berrezzek, W. Bourbia, B. Bensaker, Nonlinear control of induction motor: a combination of nonlinear observer design and input-output linearization technique, 4Th International Conference of Electrical Engineering (ICEE’2012), Algeria, (May 08-12, 2012).
(9) S. AL-Hashemi1, A. AL-Dujaili1, A.R. Ajel, Speed control using an integral sliding mode controller for a three-phase induction motor, Journal of Techniques. 3, 3, pp. 10–19 (2021).
(10) C. Wang, J. Tang, B. Jiang, Z. Wu, Sliding-mode variable structure control for complex automatic systems: a survey, Mathematical Biosciences, and Engineering. 19, 3, pp. 2616–2640 (2022).
(11) D. Cherifi, Y. Miloud, Robust speed-sensorless vector control of doubly fed induction motor drive using sliding mode rotor flux observer, International Journal of Applied Power Engineering, 7, 3, pp. 235–250 (2018).
(12) K. Venkateswarlu, G. Sandeep, N. Srinivas, K.D. Reddy, Speed sensorless sliding mode control of induction motor using Simulink, IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 6, 2, pp. 50–56 (2013).
(13) K.M. Siddiqui, K. Sahay, V.K. Giri, Modelling and simulation of variable speed squirrel cage induction motor drives, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4, 7, pp. 6720–6728 (2015).
(14) A. Mechernene, M. Loucif, M. Zerikat, induction motor control based on a fuzzy sliding mode approach, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 64, 1, pp. 39–44 (2019).
(15) A. Ounissi, A. Kaddouri, M.S. Aggoun, R. Abdessemed, Second order sliding mode controllers of micropositioning stage piezoelectric actuator Withcolman-Hodgdon model parameters, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. Et Énerg., 67, 1, pp. 41–46 (2022).